Home Health is Good Medicine
Experience and Expertise You Can Rely On
As a department of Southside Medical Center, Inc., our home care staff has the knowledge, expertise and experience to provide skilled patient care and support for the patient and the family. The individualized care by the home care staff includes teaching patients how to eventually care for themselves, safely and effectively. Our staff takes pride in providing care to people of all groups, ethnic backgrounds, and degrees of illness. The Southside Medical Center Home Health Agency is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), and is licensed by the Georgia State Department of Human Resources.
Providing Comprehensive Services to the Community
The Southside Medical Center Home Health Agency offers a full range of services in Fulton, DeKalb and Clayton counties 7 days a week on a per visit or daily basis.
Home care staffing may include:
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses
- Certified Home Health Aides
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Speech Pathologists
- Medical Social Workers
The cost of home health care is significantly less than the cost of a hospital or a nursing home stay, and is covered by Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, Indigent/Charity Care, and Workers’ Compensation.
Who is Eligible to Receive Southside Medical Center Home Health Services?
Our services are available to anyone who is:
- Under the care of a doctor of medicine, osteopathy or podiatry
- Qualified for home health care benefits under Medicare, Medicaid, Indigent /Charity Care, Workers’ Compensation or private health insurance plans
- Confined to a home due to illness or injury
- In need of a skilled level of care on a short term basis.
The skilled providers at Southside Medical Center Home Health Agency are available for assistance with a variety of services including:
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Post-op Wound Follow-ups
- Wound Care
- Anticoagulant Therapy
- Suture Removal
- Monitoring High Blood Pressure
- Diabetic Management
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Procedures
- Medication Use Instruction
- Pregnancy Related Services
For More Information
You can learn more about home health services and how you can benefit from them by calling the SMC Home Health Agency at (678) 510-0827.